Kaa as a key IoT driver for the lean supply chain management.
With its ever-increasing demand for smarter supply chain management solutions, the logistics & transportation industry has been a key force behind the IoT upswing.
Also, if compared with many other IoT use cases, “smart” logistics operations show faster ROI and do a remarkable job in terms of reducing core management complexities bothering a large number of companies from different lines of business. To grease their squeaky wheels, the IoT technology offers a portfolio of practical approaches to bring supply chain management to a new level.
The Kaa Enterprise IoT Platform is a fast and reliable way to implement smart logistics applications. Utilizing Kaa components for IoT enablement, logistics providers can achieve high levels of operational efficiency in regard to fleet management, cargo integrity monitoring, and automated warehousing operations.
Kaa offers a flexible, hardware-agnostic IoT architecture for connecting all possible assets — sensors, items, containers, equipment, vehicles, and employees — so that the entire logistics infrastructure can be tracked and managed as a consolidated business unit.
One of the greatest advantages of Kaa is highly responsive and skilled support services — which are definitely among the best on the market — provided by practiced experts in IoT as well as Big Data, embedded development, and enterprise software (ERP, BI, SCM, CRM) fields. Building an IoT-powered supply chain management infrastructure, which is organically integrated with the existing enterprise software, could never be more straightforward.
Modern supply chain management gets increasingly technological. The good news is you can turn this challenge into an opportunity. Right now.
Implementing Kaa for fleet management will provide you with accurate telematics data collection across vehicles in real-time, thus enabling complete visibility into the location, productivity, and technical condition of every connected vehicle. As one of the most comprehensive platforms for end-to-end IoT data gathering and processing, Kaa can be used as a full-service platform for IoT-powered fleet management solution of any scale.
- Unify the view of vehicles, machines, and equipment across all locations
- Collect and analyze vehicle telematics to ensure proper performance
- Track and optimize traffic, parking, workloads, and delivery schedule
- Implement sensor-based predictive maintenance for trucks and vehicles
- Implement maintenance and repair planning solutions
- Ensure full visibility into the cost of delivery, comparative analytics
- Strengthen driver’s safety with fatigue detection systems and wearable applications
- Manage equipment firmware
With the Kaa highly portable IoT features and support of the latest sensor technologies, logistics providers and shipping container manufacturers can easily assemble smart containers that allow tracking location, safety, and storage climate conditions of the delivered goods. Also, the enterprise-level support of the Kaa IoT Platform can be effectively utilized to integrate all required embedded electronics into a production-ready unit.
- Embed electronics into regular containers and track cargo en route from A to B
- Implement full-condition monitoring inside containers
- Use multi-sensor tags on items to detect possible theft or misuse
- Use smart labels to track the condition of an individual item
- Provide accurate shipping status for customers in real time
- Plan delivery with higher accuracy for leaner warehousing
Kaa rediscovers the smart inventory management philosophy by delivering a highly customizable IoT enablement technology that connects and optimizes the workload of warehousing equipment, assets, and operators. With Kaa, warehousing operations can be easily observed and coordinated, down to the level of individual physical assets and stored items. The best-in-class scalability provided by Kaa ensures your warehousing operations can be scaled organically — and without downtime — to millions of connected assets.
- Speed up warehousing operations with the real-time inventory tracking
- Ensure accurate inventory control by automated scanning of inbound and outbound items
- Maintain necessary storage conditions using any type of sensor data
- Enable full visibility into the location and productivity of warehouse equipment
- Implement sensor-based predictive maintenance for warehouse equipment and assets
- Optimize workloads among connected warehouse equipment