The Kaa IoT Platform brings advanced Medical IoT solutions into the mainstream
The Healthcare industry has been one of the quickest to adopt the Internet of Things. The reason for this trend is that integrating IoT features into medical devices greatly improves the quality and effectiveness of service, bringing especially high value for the elderly, patients with chronic conditions, and those requiring constant supervision. According to some estimates, some estimates, spending on Healthcare IoT solutions will reach a staggering $1 trillion by 2025 and, hopefully, will set the stage for highly personalized, accessible, and on-time healthcare services for everyone.
Kaa, as an end-to-end enterprise IoT platform, allows medical OEMs and healthcare system integrators to establish cross-device connectivity and to implement smart features into medical devices and related software systems.
Healthcare companies developing hardware or software products that have chosen to integrate Kaa’s functionality into their products were able to meet their IoT objectives faster and at lower expense. Consequently, these companies now have a vantage point for further business development that later movers are still yet to claim.
Fully addressing the mission-critical nature of IoT in Healthcare, Kaa makes a strong impact on scalability and resilience of IoT solutions. It is built on a modern cloud-native architecture that has no equals when it comes to flexibility and reliable performance. Thus, you can elastically expand your Kaa cluster to support any number of devices, and commit to required SLAs; you can also minimize the risk of downtime by eliminating single points of failure with a high availability deployment of Kaa and its self-healing capabilities.
No less important for medical IoT solutions is security. Kaa utilizes modern security protocols, such as TLS, for secure data exchange between devices, a variety of methods for device authentication, and flexible credentials lifecycle management. We have a solid track record of companies using Kaa that successfully comply with HIPAA and FDA requirements.
As a future-proof IoT technology that keeps up with the new challenges faced by the global Healthcare industry, the Kaa IoT Platform makes a specific emphasis on the cohesive integration of IoT, cloud, and Big Data innovations. Smart medical devices are tremendous in and of themselves, but it is no less important to provide healthcare providers with the powers to orchestrate this new technology, derive more value from data analytics, digitize their data transfer workflows, and connect with other parties in their healthcare ecosystem.
That’s why our platform offers a variety of customization options via a purpose-built UI, open IoT protocols for third-party integrations, and microservice-based architecture, which is compatible with modern cloud applications and services. As a medical device manufacturer, you can distribute Kaa inside your products to enable some useful IoT features, while as a healthcare service provider, you can use Kaa to create a centralized smart hospital solution that functions as a control hub for your medical devices, data stores, and other digital assets. From remote data monitoring to device management to analytics & alerts, you can set up your Healthcare IoT use case from A to Z with Kaa.
Medical IoT spurred a new generation of devices that have now become lifelines
for thousands of people.
We are glad to contribute to this Healthcare
transformation with Kaa.
By utilizing the Kaa feature set, a finished product for clinical telemedicine and remote patient monitoring can be functional in a matter of weeks or even days. Kaa’s open APIs and a highly customizable microservice architecture allow creation of personalized services and easy integration with EMR systems to form a broad healthcare solution, which could enable the following:
- Connect any wearable or portable device to the cloud, pull and analyze collected patient data in real time
- Monitor patients at home by using live video and audio streaming
- Monitor vital health indicators collected by portable devices such as smartphones and tablets
- Set intelligent emergency notifications sent to a physician or family
- Chart and diagram visualization based on data collected from health monitoring devices
- HIPAA-compliant authorization processes and data exchange
Kaa offers medical device manufacturers a set of ready to use IoT features for device remote control and monitoring, OTA updates, and data analytics. Kaa can be integrated with portable or stationary medical equipment; it can be used as well for tiny sensors in wearables. Kaa will bring your smart medical device up to speed with modern technology best practices by allowing medical staff to collect and process all necessary patient data for timely healthcare service delivery. It will also provide you with efficient options on remote device diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Data collection and real time data analysis
- Monitor device operation for faults and prevent malfunctions
- Remote control and device configuration
- Enable devices to send events and notifications to other devices
- Maintain an active device inventory and streamline asset management
- Remote software/firmware updates
The Kaa platform addresses a broad range of smart hospital functions, such as connected rooms, smart alerts and notifications, electronic medical record management, and smartphone-based assistant applications for caregivers.
- Smart consoles to allow patients to track their treatment process and communicate with clinicians around the world
- Real-time staff location data to manage workforce efficiently
- Integrate monitoring devices with analytics software throughout hospitals to provide physicians with greater visibility into patient's vitals
- Implement in-hospital patient flow management system to effectively track patient status, location, and treatment schedule
- Set emergency alerts, with escalation, triggered by data collected from patient monitoring devices
- Remotely monitor and configure an automated drug delivery system
- Collect and regulate building’s environmental characteristics, such as temperature, humidity, pressure, noise, etc.
- Implement a medical asset management solution to allow hospital staff to quickly locate equipment, track maintenance status, ensure availability and transparency of the purchasing process
- Pharmacy inventory management with RFID and other tagging technologies
IoT technology can be very effective at mitigating unexpected disease outbreaks by tracing down the chain of contagion, enforcing quarantine measures, and orchestrating emergency effort of multiple parties. To enable such a complex use case, Kaa supports a number of advanced features, such as flexible cloud deployment options for fast rollout on any type of cloud infrastructure, end-to-end device management and analytics, and best-of-breed customizability with direct access to the platform’s microservices and open APIs for integration with 3rd party applications. The following solutions and applications can be powered by Kaa as part of an integrated solution for healthcare critical event management:
- A centralized device management and monitoring system that uses cloud and Big Data to orchestrate the operation of diverse medical devices, patient’s data, and digital assets in near real time
- Smart wearable devices that offer such features as GPS tracking, symptoms monitoring, contact tracing, and self-isolation enforcement
- Data integration from different types of devices for actionable data representation
- Custom data dashboards for diverse parties involved, such as healthcare professionals, emergency coordinators, logistics operators, scientists, etc.
- Edge analytics and smart gateways for distributed data processing in large-scale, data-intensive solutions