Kaa — a leading IoT platform for state-of-the-art Medical IoT.
The Healthcare industry remains among the fastest to adopt the Internet of Things. The reason for this trend is that integrating IoT features into medical devices greatly improves the quality and effectiveness of service, bringing especially high value for the elderly, patients with chronic conditions, and those requiring constant supervision. According to some estimates, spending on the Healthcare IoT solutions will reach a staggering $1 trillion by 2025 and, hopefully, will set the stage for highly personalized, accessible, and on-time healthcare services for everyone.
Kaa, as a leading enterprise IoT platform, allows OEMs and healthcare system integrators to establish cross-device connectivity and implement smart features into medical devices and related software systems.
Healthcare companies — developing hardware or software products — that have chosen to integrate Kaa’s functionality into their products were able to meet their IoT objectives faster and at little expense. Consequently, these companies now have a vantage point for further business development that later movers are still yet to claim.
Fully addressing the mission-critical nature of the IoT in Healthcare, Kaa makes a strong impact on scalability and resilience of IoT solutions. Thus, you can elastically expand your Kaa cluster to support any number of devices and ensure optimal performance; you can also minimize the risk of downtime with highly available deployment of Kaa and its self-healing capabilities.
No less important for medical IoT solutions is security. Kaa utilizes modern security protocols, such as TLS, for secure data exchange between devices, a variety of methods for device authentication, and flexible credentials lifecycle management. We’ve had a solid track record of companies’ successful HIPAA and FDA compliance.
Medical IoT spurred the innovation that can help millions. We are taking
it into mainstream right now with
By utilizing the Kaa feature set, a finished product for clinical telemedicine and remote patient monitoring can be functional in a matter of weeks or even days. Kaa’s open APIs and a highly customizable microservice architecture allow creating personalized services and easily integrating with EMR systems to form a broad healthcare solution, which could enable the following:
- Connect any wearable or portable device to the cloud, pull and analyze collected patient data in real time
- Monitor patients at home using live video and audio streaming
- Monitor vital health indicators collected by portable devices such as smartphones and tablets
- Set intelligent emergency notifications sent to a physician or family
- Charts and diagram visualization based on data collected from health monitoring devices
- HIPAA-compliant authorization processes and data exchange
Kaa offers medical device manufacturers a set of ready to use portable features for device remote control and monitoring, OTA updates, and data collection. Kaa can be integrated with portable or stationary medical equipment, it can be used as well for tiny sensors in wearables. Kaa will take your smart medical device up to the highest standard by allowing medical staff to collect and process all necessary patient data for timely healthcare service delivery. It will also provide you with efficient options on remote device diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Data collection and real time data analysis
- Monitor device operation for faults and prevent malfunctions
- Remote control and device configuration
- Enable devices to send events and notifications to other devices
- Maintain an active device inventory and track assets
- Remote software/firmware updates
The Kaa platform addresses a broad range of smart hospital functions, such as connected rooms, smart alerts and notifications, electronic medical record management, and smartphone-based assistant applications for caregivers.
- Smart consoles to allow patients to track their treatment process and communicate with clinicians or the world
- Real-time staff location data to manage workforce efficiently
- Integrate monitoring devices with analytics software throughout a hospital to provide physicians with greater visibility into patient's vitals
- Implement in-hospital patient flow management system to effectively track patient status, location, and treatment schedule
- Set emergency alerts, with escalation, triggered by data collected from patient monitoring devices
- Remotely monitor and configure an automated drug delivery system
- Collect and regulate building’s environmental characteristics, such as temperature, humidity, pressure, noise, etc.
- Implement a medical asset management solution to allow hospital staff to quickly locate equipment, track maintenance status, ensure availability and transparency of the purchasing process
- Pharmacy inventory management with RFID and other tagging technologies